1/31/13

UFC Quick Quote: Demian Maia is dreaming of submitting Jon Fitch in 60 seconds or less

20120707_mjr_su5_100

"I needed to be reborn. I felt when I was hitting guys or going for a takedown at 185, sometimes it was like hitting a wall. Now in this weight division, it's more fair for me. He's able to mentally break his opponents because his will is big. There are other wrestlers with big wills, but I think he has one of the biggest wills. So you need to be aware because he comes to break you. Now that I learned I'm able to do well with boxing, I was able to train more jiu-jitsu again. I've come back to my grappling. My dream is to take the fight down in the first minute and submit Fitch. That's my dream and I hope it comes true."



Former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) middleweight number one contender Demian Maia -- "reborn" at 170 pounds -- looks to inch his way closer to a welterweight title shot when he locks horns with the rough-and-tumble Jon Fitch at the UFC 156 pay-per-view (PPV) event this Saturday night (Feb. 2, 2013) in Las Vegas, Nevada. While Maia (17-4) tells ESPN he's dreaming of a quick submission finish, Fitch (24-4) has only been tapped once in his mixed martial arts (MMA) career, a debut loss to Mike Pyle way back in 2002. Will the Brazilian's dream come true in "Sin City," or will Fitch make their three-round battle a nightmare?


No comments:

Post a Comment