2/13/13

UFC Quick Quote: Uriah Hall hasn’t ‘perfected’ infamous spinning wheel kick, yet

Hallko

"I love that kick. I was like, man, if I could pull something like this off, it would be cool. But my background is a little bit more traditional, and that kick, it wasn't something we focused on too much because you have to have really good timing with it. If you don't get your timing you'll probably hurt your knee, but, I love that kick, and I try to perfect it. I still haven't 100 percent perfected it yet, it's something I haven't perfected yet, but I threw it and it hit."



Uriah Hall thrust himself in the mixed martial arts (MMA) spotlight last week when he delivered the head kick heard around the world during his Ultimate Fighter (TUF) season 17 quarterfinal fight against Adam Cella. With seconds remaining in the first round, Hall delivered the crushing kick to the head of Cella that would have made Anderson Silva and Mirko Filipovic proud. The kick, which had Adam out cold for several minutes, had UFC president Dana White going going gaga at the aftermath. Appearing on The MMA Hour, the Jamaican-born fighter says he has yet to perfect the maneuver, but taking the chance to attempt the kick paid off dividends as he moved on to the next round in the middleweight tournament and likely secured himself a cool $25,000 'Best Knockout of the Season' bonus in the process. Unless, of course, someone else can top it. Not likely.


No comments:

Post a Comment