2/15/13

UFC Quick Quote: Dan Henderson might bring his track shoes to UFC 157 for Lyoto Machida fight

Dan-henderson

"I probably should bring my track shoes and chase him down and make sure, you know, make him fight me. That's going to be the biggest thing is just not letting him move around too much and pick me apart and then move some more and you know, just kind of stay in his face and cut him off and make him fight me, put him on his back and beat him up everywhere. (I bring) power and the fact that I can put him on his back when I want to and beat him up in the clinch. I just need to be aware of his, that he is quick and he is tricky and a little different."



-- Though no shoes are allowed inside the Octagon, Dan Henderson tells MY Fox LA he will try to sneak in a pair of track shoes when he steps into the cage to face Lyoto Machida at UFC 157 on Feb. 23, 2013 in Anaheim, California in an effort to run down "The Dragon" -- who is known to be an elusive counter striker -- and force him to engage. Though many, including Quinton Jackson, have been critical of his fighting style in the past, Machida's counter-striking methods have proven successful throughout his mixed martial arts (MMA) career, blitzing through the competition early on to the tune of 16 straight victories. Lyoto, however, has hit somewhat of a rough patch over the past two years, going a lowly 2-3 inside the Octagon. Nevertheless, it would behoove "The Dragon" to stick to the style that brought him to the dance and helped him capture the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) light heavyweight title in 2009 because standing in the direct path of Henderson's powerful and heavy right hand could prove disastrous for the Brazilian ... and his title aspirations.


No comments:

Post a Comment