2/16/13

Michael Bisping plans to ‘obliterate' Alan Belcher at UFC 159; predicts first-round knockout

Gyi0063709175

Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) Middleweight contender Michael Bisping wants to put the memory of his knockout loss to Vitor Belfort behind him, and he plans on doing so with a swift and decisive win over Alan Belcher at UFC 159: "Jones vs. Sonnen" on April 27, 2013.


Bisping (23-5) had the chance to become the No. 1 contender at 185-pounds with a win over "The Phenom" at UFC on FX 7; however, he came up short when a head kick ended his night early.


Never having lost two consecutive bouts, Bisping is eager to get back and track at UFC 159. "The Count" sees himself as superior to Belcher in every area and says he is throwing his traditional playbook out the window for this fight.


What does that mean? Well, Bisping tells Addicted MMA that he is ditching his technical style of fighting and will use strength, aggression and relentlessness to beat down "The Talent" en route to a first-round finish, a form of victory he has not earned since a TKO win over Jason Day at UFC 85 in June 2008.


His words:



"I'm fighting Alan Belcher on April 27th, he's been calling me out for quite some time, so I'm looking forward to that fight. Whilst I respect all fighters Alan Belcher, he's a tough fighter, I just truly believe I have way too much for him in every department, and there ain't going to be no tactical game plan in this one, just going to be a case of me going straight at him and basically just obliterating him within one round and that's what I plan on doing, but yeah, that's about it. To be honest, I mean I can completely wipe this guy out on the feet if I'm honest, and I got to be honest, sometimes I'm guilt of trying to maybe be a little too tactical sometimes, you know? I'm not going to be tactical in this fight. I'm going to be the biggest, stronger, more aggressive, better fighter and I'm just going to go at him 100 percent and unleash everything I've got on him. Jason Day beat him in the first round, Kendall Grove submitted him in the first round, Akiyama was beating him. I've beaten all these guys. Not Kendall. But the other two guys, I've by far fought way better competition and I think he's a good fight for me."



His style of fighting isn't the only thing Bisping is changing up going into the fight with Belcher. The 33-year-old says that in the past he allowed himself to gain too much weight between fights, which affected his training in a negative way when fight time came around.


According to Bisping, he has kept his weight in check since his fight with Belfort nearly one month ago, something he believes will lead to a more productive camp when his hard training for Belcher begins.



"I'm still in shape, I'm still only 203 pounds, sometimes I get up to 220 pounds. I'm 203 pounds and I can make weight this weekend if I have to, I'm in good shape and for this fight I won't be overtraining. Sometimes I put on a little bit too much weight and I have to over train to loose the weight and when you're winning fights and everything's going your way you don't change things because everything's going well. The last fight didn't go well. Yes there's a couple of issues I'm not happy with but ultimately you have to look at yourself and realize you have to change and maybe one of the things in a little more self discipline between fights is called for. Between fights I've been training everyday since the fight, I haven't put any weight on and I'm ready to rock."



UFC 159 will mark Bisping's third fight in approximately seven months; however, he is not concerned with any wear and tear on his body. When fight night rolls around The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) season 3 winner will be more than prepared to battle and is so confident in victory that he thinks you should bet the house on it.



"I won't be overtraining and I'm ready to go in there hard, ready, powerful, I won't be leaving the fight in the gym like I have in the past and believe me, first round knockout, TKO, bet on that. I'm telling you right now, I will bet everything I've got right now first round - done."



UFC 159: "Jones vs. Sonnen" goes down April 27, 2013, from the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey. A light heavyweight championship contest will serve as the main event of the evening as reigning titleholder Jon Jones puts his belt on the line for the fifth time against No. 1 contender Chael Sonnen.


No comments:

Post a Comment